Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for the ‘Crystal Reports’ Category

Well, since the special field “Page n of m” in Crystal Reports gets translated to the current language set for the application and you might not want that, this solves this problem:

  • Drag the special field “Page Number” onto the report.
  • Right click and select “Format¬†Object”.
  • Select the “Show string” button (X+2) and enter the following:
    ‘Page ‘ + totext(pagenumber, 0)+ ‘ of ‘ + totext(totalpagecount, 0)
  • You can change the text ‘Page ‘ and ‘ of ‘ to whatever you want…
Advertisements

Read Full Post »

If you’re using xsd as a data source for you Crystal Report in Visual Studio, and you make some changes to it, it’s a bit tricky to get the new changes into an existing report. Trying to re-add the data source often causes the fields to be lost on an report (and must be re-added manually again). I found out a way that at least works for me in Visual Studio 2005:

In the ‘Field Explorer’, select the data table that exists in the dataset that you have made changes to and simply right click and select ‘Verify database’. When doing so, the data table will be updated and the field on the report will not be lost, at least not for those small changes I made to the data set.

You might also have to close an re-open the solution and or Visual Studio to clear the cache (VS seems to cache the data base fields).

If this does not work, you might want to check out this blog,http://aspadvice.com/blogs/rjdudley/archive/2005/05/27/2606.aspx, but that did not work for me…

Read Full Post »